Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Acupuncture Consult

 
 
In an effort to try and do everything possible that I can to boost my fertility and try to have a as good of quality and as many eggs that I can for our upcoming IVF cycle in India I decide to check out acupuncture.  I have never had acupuncture, but know a couple people who have, people who have had friends who have, and read several anecdotes of those who have on the fertility boards in relations to fertility treatments.  Maybe you only hear about the good stories, but all have heard about are those who have gone on to have success after having acupuncture.
 
I choose a practitioner based on location, their being certified, and their focus on infertility treatment.  It seems like every chiropractor now also does acupuncture and is not necessarily certified or trained for it.  Having treatments done by someone who isn't necessarily trained for it is like going to a podiatrist to have a tooth pulled.  Plus, treatment for infertility is a different focus than for other ailments - for the greatest chance of success go to someone who's done it before.
 
I sat down with the practitioner and we talked about my health history and why I was seeking treatment.  I thought that she was very thorough which I liked. She also struck me as genuinely personable which I also liked.  She also did a "test" needle for me so that I could get a feel for what the treatment would be like.  I was sold.  I scheduled weekly treatments until we leave for India.
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment