Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Atlas Shrugged

 
 
I saw that I missed a call from our friend and intended gestational surrogate.   The clinic should have reviewed her medical records so I was expecting her to be letting us know what the next step in the process would be.  Instead what she told me made the world stand still......like Atlas had shrugged.
 
The doctor had reviewed her records and was concerned about something in her medical records.  We were not aware of this, but there was a complication with her last pregnancy - she had preeclampsia.  From what I understand it did not cause preterm labor, but it was serious enough that there was close monitoring near the end of her pregnancy.  For this reason, the clinic will not go forward with her as our surrogate.  They would be calling me tomorrow to go over the details.
 
I tried to stay calm, but I couldn't.  I broke out in tears.  I thanked her for letting for know.  I was glad that she wanted to tell me herself.  I know that she felt very bad about the whole thing.  She just wanted us to have the experience of having children, something that her and her husband will always be grateful that they were given that gift.  Wanting that for us was such a beautiful thing.
 
What were we going to do now?

No comments:

Post a Comment