Tuesday, August 12, 2014

You Need Us To Send You What?



I get home from work and Mark seems out of sorts.  I ask what is going on.  He tells me that he got a call from the Indian Consulate today and they informed him that our VISA applications were not complete since we failed to include financial information.  "What financial information?"  None of the instructions that we read said anything about financial information.

Mark told me that they asked for a bank statement so he sent them one.  Thankfully he had the forethought to redact our account number.  I am worried about this for a couple of reasons: 1) I think we are like most people out there and most of our money is not in our checking account, but in investments accounts.  I worry that Mark should have sent our Fidelity statement rather than our back statement to show that we indeed have ALL of the funds in the bank.  2) I am worried that this is somehow a scam.  I don't think that anyone can do much without account numbers, but you never know.

I spoke with my brother-in-law who frequently travels internationally and he tells me that he has been asked to provide financial information for different countries.  This makes me feel a bit better.  I also recall that our friends who are looking at adopting were required to show proof of at least 1/2 of the anticipated adoption & legal fees up front before being accepted.  This makes me feel a little better, but it still unnerves me.

Hopefully this is normal and everything will be fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment