Monday, August 18, 2014

Welcome Back!


I admit it, I am a neat freak.  I like things orderly and tidy.  I need things orderly and tidy.  I actually don't function very well when things become too big of a mess.  It stressed me out, I have to get things back in order in order to "get right".  This is especially true when I am stressed, having an orderly, tidy, island of control that I can't visit when needed helps me to cope with the swirling mess of uncertainty that sometimes surrounds me.

I am one of those people who cleans before a vacation, and picks up in the morning before work so that I can come home to a clean house.  No matter how bad my day is, walking in the door to tables and countertops without "stuff" on them, dishes not piled up on the stove, pillows on the couch instead of the floor - just makes the other stuff melt away for a little while.  Cleaning Lady Day is my favorite bi-weekly event.

So imagine my dismay when I come home to a disaster.  The table is full of crap.  The counter, sink, and stove are all covered in dirty dishes.  The back counter has three bags, a large box, several water bottles and an assortment of dog treats all over it - that is just the kitchen and dining area.  The foyer has several bags, boxes, shoes, etc. strewn about.  The couch pillows are everywhere and the coffee table, loveseat, and chair are all full of random crap.  The bedroom is overflowing with dirty clothes since no laundry was done while I was gone.  Mark apparently cannot be left unattended for more than a couple of days. 

Let's not even get into the fact that we are also remodeling the downstairs and the three rooms upstairs so the driveway features a large dumpster and we have plastic, tape, and drywall dust everywhere.

I'm in hell.

I decided to unpack my stuff, start some laundry, have a glass of wine and tackle the other stuff over the next couple of days.

No comments:

Post a Comment