Thursday, October 2, 2014

Gandhi Jayanti


Today is Gandhi Jayanti, which is a national holiday celebrated in India to mark the occasion of the birthday of Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi, the "Father of the Nation".   This is only one of three national holidays in India that is celebrated in every state and that most things are closed on.  So, not much going on in India today for a non-Indian.

The clinic was open for a short time today and only for a few of us that required visits for shots.  I was the lucky recipient of a shot in the belly and one in the butt.  The butt shot is still pretty sore by the way.  At 2 am this morning I get to shuffle out of bed and take my trigger shot.  Should be a good time.

It was fine that there wasn't much to do today since I am not really supposed to be doing much anyway per the clinic.  Despite only having six follicles my ovaries feel noticeably swollen and I am feeling tired and uncomfortable.  I knew that this was coming.  Luckily it is only for a few days.  I haven't been getting updates on my E2 levels, but I suspect that they are lower than my last cycle.  I don't feel nearly as emotional as I did the last cycle.

I was glad that Mark suggested a visit to the spa today since most things would be closed.  I had a facial and Mark had a massage.  I was complaining a bit about being cooped up, but honestly it's probably for the best.

In two days the retrieval will be over.........

No comments:

Post a Comment