Friday, September 5, 2014

Will the "To Do" List Ever Be Done?



We got our VISAs, travel shots, IVF protocol, IVF drugs, flights and hotel booked.  We FINALLY feel like we have things under control.....and then we read our email.  India let us know that they will be setting up an appointment with the FRRO (Foreign Regional Registration Office) within a day or two of our arrival.  We knew that we would be required to visit the FRRO within a few days of arrival, what we didn't know was that we still had some work to do.

India sent us the list of documents required for the FRRO:

1) Application (yet another application)
2) Original marriage certificate
3) Original Residence Proof (Driver's License)
4) Surrogate Agreement
5) C Form from the hotel where we are staying in New Delhi
6) 4 passport photographs
7) Medical Visa copy (with stamp of arrival)
8) Passport copies
9) Birth Certificates.

It was the last item that gave me some heartburn.  I know that I have a certified copy of my birth certificate - I had to get one a while back when I got my passport.  What I didn't know is if Mark has a certified copy of his birth certificate.  And, if he doesn't we are going to have to get a copy ASAP.  Yikes!  As if we didn't have enough to worry about.


No comments:

Post a Comment