Sunday, September 7, 2014

A Nice Weekend With My Parents

 

My parents come up to visit every year and we go the Renaissance Festival together.  This has been an annual tradition since I moved here in 2001.  We have missed a year here and there, but for the most part it is every year.

I really enjoy the trip as I don't get home that often to see Mom and Dad and I think that they like the weekend away.  In prior years it was a whole family affair, but in the last couple of years it has dwindled down to just Mom and Dad.  This is nice as in addition the Renaissance Festival we can do other things with it being just the four of us.

We decided to go to the Renaissance Festival on Sunday, since it puts Mom and Dad an hour closer to home for the trip back.  On Saturday I was able to score Book of Mormon tickets, Brave New Workshop tickets, and a dinner reservation in between at Hell's Kitchen.  Looking back we probably could have skipped Brave New Workshop since we were all pretty tired by the end of the night, but it was still a lot of fun.

Sunday Mark needed to hang back and work on wiring for the house (part of our construction project), so I went to the Renaissance with my parents by myself.  It was really a nice day.  We stopped and watched the fire dancers and The Danger Committee as well as the Joust.  We ate loaded tator tots, beer cheese soup in a bread bowl, and shish kabob.  All in all we had a good time.

When I got home Mark had stopped at his parents and secured his birth certificate.  His mother had his original copy.  I read through the mail that I had been ignoring for a couple of days and found out that my Hepatitis titer came back negative. Yay!  I am immune - no more shots!

I would call that a pretty good weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment