Saturday, March 21, 2015

Vegas!


One of my favorite people in the world just turned 40 and decided to celebrate her birthday by getting a group of people together in Las Vegas. 
Mark and I have both been to Las Vegas before, but not together.  So we thought it would be fun to experience Vegas as a couple.  Also, a weekend of drinking, gambling, shows, lounging by the pool and not thinking about infertility was just what the doctor ordered.
Our first day/night was comprised of lunch with the group, a trip along the strip to the Stratosphere to see the top and ride the rides (that was fun).  We broke off for a romantic evening together just the two us.  Mark and I had dinner at The Venetian followed by a gondola ride and “O” at the Bellagio.  Mark thought it was hilarious that I insisted on a gondola ride since I had “real” gondola ride in the “real” Venice.  I said that I didn’t care and I wanted the full Vegas experience.
The only bad part of the evening was that we walked instead of cabbing it and I (of course) was wearing heels.  Ouch, ouch, ouch.  My poor feet.
Our second day/night we met up with the group for some gambling, dinner and a show at The Flamingo.  We actually saw an Elvis impersonator in Vegas.  I now feel like I have had the full experience.
Our third day/night we hung out by the pool for a few hours.  The drinks were ungodly expensive but totally worth it considering how hot it was.  Well, hot by comparison to Minnesota.
That evening we went downtown.  Neither Mark nor I had been to downtown on our previous trips, so that was a new experience for both of us.  It was a completely difference experience from the strip.  It wasn’t bad though.  We had dinner at Oscar’s and the steak was fantastic.  All along Fremont there were bands and entertainers.  The drinks were cheap and the slots were loose (I actually won on a slot machine for a change).
Our last day we were on our own again until our afternoon flight.  Everyone else left in the morning.  Our first stop was to have a hangover omelet complete with Bloody Mary (remember that the drinks were cheap last night).  We then went to Paris where I insisted on going up the Eiffel Tower, even though I have been to the top of the “real” Eiffel Tower in the “real” Paris.  Again, the full Vegas experience.  Our last stop was to the Bellagio to check out the conservatory.
All in all it was a nice trip J

No comments:

Post a Comment