Sunday, June 14, 2015

Another Two Week Wait




We are now in the dreaded period of time known as the two week wait (TWW).  For those of you who don't know, the two-week wait refers to the time interval that starts once you ovulate and lasts until you either experience your period, experience a "missed period", or find out you have conceived through a positive pregnancy test.  In the case of IVF this is the time between the embryo transfer and the first beta test.

The TWW is limbo, purgatory if you will.  It is a time where there is nothing to do but wait.  After all of the work done over the past few months, now we just wait.  

I suppose that I am lucky that it is not me carrying, in that I would be spending this period of time looking for every possible sign of early pregnancy.  Are my boobs a little swollen?  Am I a little tired?  Do I feel a little sick?  Maybe!  I am sure that I would be reading into everything.  Probably there actually are very few signs at this point as a period has not even been missed yet.

Since it is not me carrying, all I can do is try to stay calm and wait until we get the results of our beta on Monday the 22nd. At this point there is nothing that I or our GC can do.  This is either going to happen, or it is not going to happen.  We have done all that we can do....but really this is mostly out of our hands.

I am Type A.  Very, very Type A.  I work hard.  I get things done.  I am in charge.  I am in control.  There's the important word - control.  Did I mention how hard this is that I have absolutely no control?  That no matter how persistent, tenacious, determined, or steadfast (all nicer ways of saying "stubborn") I am, I cannot just muscle this.  I have to be patient and just wait....
  UGH!  The TWW sucks!

No comments:

Post a Comment