Monday, December 21, 2015

I'm Back!


Last week I received an email letting me know about the upcoming meeting of the Infertility Support Group that I had regularly attended.  Included in the notice was that the leader of the group was stepping down as of the first of the year and that they were looking for volunteers to to lead the group in order to keep it going.

I was dismayed surprised to see this.  The group had been so helpful for me and for so many other people.  What would happen if no one stepped up to lead and the group went on hiatus?

I admit that I had thought about coming back to help with the group since it had been so helpful to me, but the timing right now was not great.  There was no way that I could commit to leading with Baby S coming right around the corner.

I decided to respond that I would be interested in helping out, but only in a co-leading capacity, and that I would need to take a couple of months off around the birth.  Best I could do.

Luckily there were a couple of other women in a similar boat - those who wanted to help keep the group going, but just couldn't do it all themselves.  They were happy with co-leading and could cover the couple of months that I would not be able to attend.

Our contact information just went up on the Resolve.org website, so it's official....

....I'M BAAAAACK!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment